Wednesday, December 5, 2007

God, the Lord of All (including electronics)

So last week I turned on the digital camera and the LCD screen was all white. That's it, just a white screen. I didn't drop the camera or anything, it just happened all the sudden. It still took photos, but you couldn't see them. What's the point of a digital camera if you can't see the pictures you take? Of course I felt pretty devastated. I don't take pictures much myself of course, but it has gotten to be Jonathan's livelihood, and we aren't in any position to buy a new digital camera either. I prayed and asked God that the camera would get fixed somehow- God is the God of electronics even, right?
Anyway, I started to think that if we asked for money for Christmas maybe we could afford to buy a new one, so I looked up digital cameras on Amazon and there are all over 150$, which is just too much. Then, I think maybe it can be fixed somehow, even though I have no idea how. I go to google and type in "digital camera LCD screen broken", click on one of the sites and it takes me to some "Fixya" website that has a listing of electronic products. I look up our exact camera, and guess what- several other people have had the same problem. The solutions given are rather weird and I'm not sure what they mean, but they all say something like- "hit the Cybershot logo on the camera." I think to myself, okay whatever, and hit the logo on the camera, turn it on, and viola! the screen now works. I can hardly believe my eyes.
God answers even the smallest prayers and can fix everything from our hearts to our digital cameras.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like you've been busy! How long will you be here for Christmas?

I'm sorry about you missing those important events with your great grandma.

Anonymous said...

Sage, I'm very proud of you and your testimony in these cberblogs, yes he does fix our hearts as well as our cameras!! love daddy