Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm a scratcher, picker, puller, poker

I decided to blog because I drank so much coffee (six cups) that I'm too buzzed to do any more homework. The other alternative would be to sleep it off but I don't want to waste time and besides I haven't blogged in forever.
Some random thoughts-
I am compuslive. I can't let things be.
If I have a scab, I pick it.
If I have any sort of loose skin I pull it and pick at it until it comes off.
If I have a zit I pick it, squeeze it, or pop it until it is bloody.
If I have any type of sore in my mouth I poke it with my tongue so that it takes forever to heal.
The skin on my thumbs are constantly suffering attacks from my fingernails.
Mosquito bites are scratched until they scab over.
If I have dry skin on my scalp I scratch it until I am covered with dandruff.

Currently my compulsive picking/pulling/scratching behaviors are:
- a sore on my gums right in between two of my teeth which I can't stop poking with my tongue and my fingernails (it's driving me crazy)
- a scab on my right middle finger that I have had for three weeks because I have picked it off three times; even though I have been scratching at it I have resisted picking it all the way off again
- hanging skin on my left thumb that I am trying to leave be. My right thumb is in surprisingly good condition.

I don't know what it is about pain. The pain of any sore just makes me want to make it worse. It's weird, I know. Stress only makes it worse. I pick at my thumbs the most when I am nervous or uneasy or stressed or bored or irritated. Sometimes I just do it without thinking. So if you want to know how I am doing just look at the skin around my thumbnails. Normal thumbs mean I am pretty normal. Red, swollen and scabbed mean I'm not so good.
Just thought you all would like to know my disgustingly bad habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So HILARIOUS!!!!
That's ok that you have disgusting habits- I do to. But I'm not going to announce what they are.
Brooke