Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another Snow Day

I know everyone says that the weather wherever they live is weird. But I tell you, St. Louis weather is weird! I guess weather is just weird in general. Sunday it got up to 78 degrees. A lovely, lovely day. Jonathan and I took the opportunity to get out and feel the sunshine and went to hike along the Meramec river in Castlewood state park.



Today (Tuesday) it looks like this from my front step outside-
This is the fourth (I think) snow day we have had in the past couple months. I like snow and all but this is starting to get a little old, especially when everything shuts down and I can't go anywhere and everything is cancelled. Wait a second, am I complaining about getting to stay home, drink coffee, and watch the snow come down? Never mind. Forget I said anything.

On another note, this was the second week in the row we got out of the house (and the city) if you can believe it. Last Sunday we went to see eagles over in Illinois along the Mississippi. Apparently they nest there in the spring or something. We saw tons of eagles but not up close because we didn't have any binoculars. We also saw pelicans. A lot of pelicans. I had no idea pelicans lived around the Mississippi. I thought pelicans only lived along the ocean. You learn something new every day. I liked watching the pelicans swim on the water. See for yourself-

That video took forever to load. I am off to drink that coffee...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is weird. Although even one day of 78 would be so nice.
I got the cookie scoop last week. The boys are so excited we have another one now! Thanks!

alicia marie said...

the snow is so beautiful! I really miss it. WAHHHH!!!