Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 14th: 23 Years

Yeah the actual day of my birthday wasn't the best. First I had to take the Praxis at 7 am- a high stress, seemingly no right or wrong answer, standardized test for teachers. I have to pass it to get my certification and to graduate as required by the State. I didn't study as much as I should have; I have heard too many people say they had to take it more than once. But when I took it it was easier then I expected so I am not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. After my test we stopped at the McBride's yard-sale and got some free dining table chairs (we only have two), which was a pretty good birthday present. Then we came home and I made some mini chocolate cupcakes to take to work. I wanted to have some fun on my birthday even if it had to be on the job, but I figured cupcakes would help.
I got a nice surprise though. Flowers delivered to me at work! Gerbera daisies in a short little green glass vase. (Why didn't I take a picture! Idiot!) I thought they were from a secret admirer or something. Turns out they were.... they were from my husband. Just kidding his admiration of me is definitely not a secret. Then I came home from work and went to bed. So yeah, not the best birthday day ever. But I am not too strict on celebrating birthdays on the actual day. Therefore Jonathan and I celebrated on Sunday by going out to lunch at Red Lobster for Shrimp Scampi, getting a new CD player for me at Best Buy (remember how I broke our old one in fits of rage?), and then eating some Breyer's Coffee ice cream. Plus I got some awesome presents.

From my darling mother in law:
-two cds (decemberists, and death cab)
-The Parent Trap on DVD
-some money to buy my favorite book, Jane Eyre
-there is one more on the way too!
Can you believe how she spoils me rotten?

From my darling parents:
-100 smackaroos

From my darling husband:
-56 kid's books (won on ebay)- all newberry honor or other award winning books and 90 percent which I have not read. (I have a collection going, you know)

Now I am going to have to use the birthday money to buy a bookcase.

From my darling friends Karen, Annika, and Lauren-
-a trip to Ted Drewes for a Fox Treat
-their lovely company in my home
-aren't they cute? Annika is on the left. Lauren on the right.



From my darling sister (who is dyslexic btw):
-unfortunately the package she sent was returned because she wrote my address number as 2337 instead of 2733.
-I LOVE YOU BROOKE!!!!!!
-I am sorry I just can't stop teasing you about this
I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

1 comment:

Michael and Mandy said...

Sage, I was so distracted with our garage sale and packing that I missed your birthday. Please forgive me for being so self-preoccupied. Glad you had a good one.