Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yay! I love Internet

I finally convinced Jonathan to let us get DSL internet! It is only 14.99 a month and is way faster than I expected (okay so the last thing we had was dial-up so yeah it's going to be a lot faster) I have yet to find out how much taxes are though.

So anyway now I am super excited because I can finally keep in touch with all of you in Idaho. I started this blog so that you can read about my boring life and stay updated on what's going on with Jonathan and me. But you have to be faithful readers and leave comments or it won't be any fun. And I will try to post often and put lots of pictures up.
You can blame Alicia Daniel for giving me the idea. I had so much fun reading hers that I decided I wanted to start my own. Let's just hope it's not horibbly dull and that I can think of things to write about.

I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day. I spoiled Jonathan by making him a yummy dinner and a cookie pizza for dessert. I also gave him a couple little presents, and left him sweet notes around the house. He spoiled me and got me the Internet.
Here is the cookie pizza- delicious


We had crazy weather this week. Monday it rained all day. Tuesday morning it almost felt like a spring rain, but then at about 11 am I look outside and it's snowing like crazy! When it snows here everything shuts down and there a ton of wrecks.

And a few updates for those of you I haven't talked to in awhile........
  • In September I went back to school to Harris Stowe State University. It has been an interesting experience. It is a very small HBU (historical black university) close to my house and to work. Click here to see pictures of it. (Click the main picture to see more)
  • Also in September I also started being a volunteer "tutor" at Firm Foundation Program (click here if you'd like to read about it). I have tutored the same girl all the way through and have really enjoyed it. Here is a picutre of Ariel and me-



  • I started a new job in November. I am now a pastry cook for Lazy Susan Catering company which is part of the same restaraunt I worked at. My dream job. Still at the same location (Nadoz) I am just in the kitchen now... where it's quiet and relaxed (most of the time) and there are no customers or stupid people (at least not as many)! Yeah! Click here to see the mini pastries we often make and here to see the desert case in Nadoz we fill up every day.
  • I started teaching a Sunday school class for the almost two's and two year olds. Which has been fun and... a bit tiring. Trying to get them to sit still can be a challenge! But what can you expect they're only 2 years old!
  • We went home for two weeks at Christmas and had a great time. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

The Family Picture

Brooke and me

I like this picture of David

Snuggling on Christmas

David and me (I look David's age in this picture)

Well.. I think that about wraps it up. I have spent way too long on this so I better just quit. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sage said...

you can now successfully leave a comment.... i think

Anonymous said...

Sage you are adorable. Especially as a 12 year old!

alicia marie said...

yeah!!!! I love the pictures. It is good to see a little bit and hear a little bit about what you guys are doing over there! And I love your title, by the way...very clever!