Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hours and Hours of Freedom

Since I haven't been working I have a had a LOT of time on my hands. I know what you're thinking. What in the world have you been doing? I think I have kept fairly busy. Yes I have had a few days where I sat around and moped but that is to be expected, right? Here are some of the things I have been doing the past couple weeks-
  • frequenting our fave coffee shop Northwest
  • also frequenting Goodwill and the other thrifts (they are right next to Northwest so of course I've got to stop and see what's new)
  • quilling homemade cards until my brain feels quilled (see bottom for evidence)
  • almost caught up on season 2 of Lost
  • went on a wholewheat flour kick- substituting wheat flour for part of that bleached, enriched, white flour crap in many recipes- pancakes, waffles, pizza dough, cookies... recipes to come soon
  • made my own granola! (it's delicious) ... also a soon to come recipe
  • finally finished reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • rearranged our living room
  • helped a family from church who moved, unpack boxes and organize/clean their house
  • listed an item on e-bay (auction ends tomorrow *crossing fingers for big money*)
  • trying to pray and read the Bible on a regular basis (I hear it's a good habit to get into)
  • painted my nails and toenails (after removing the orange polish from the pedicure David gave me.)

See? I have gotten out of the house a little and done things besides watch soap operas and eat pretzels. Oh yeah, and there is this thing called school that I go to, so I have been going to classes and doing a little home-work.

Here are my beautiful cards. No I do not make anything but flowers. Unless you are Jonathan who got a chameleon once or my brother who got a scorpion. Do you like any you see? If so you can buy them for three-fifty a piece. Just kidding. If you like any tell me when your birthday is and which one fancy.

On another note... I took the first quiz for Jonathan's class. I got a 21.5/25 which is a B. Not bad I suppose for not attending the lectures and skimming through the reading. Although, you'd think the instructor's own wife could get an A.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You have been keeping busy! Enjoy it while it lasts!
Those cards are really pretty! Good job!
And yes I think the professor's wife should definitely get an A! Just like when you're married to the head of the security dept. at your college you shouldn't get parking tickets. It didn't work out that way for me either. :)

Brooke said...

mmmmmmm. . . healthy whole wheat flour. If you mistake healthy things for tasty things- that means you are your mother's daughter- just like me! I add wheat germ and whole oats to my smoothie for breakfast.

Michael and Mandy said...

I want to see your granola recipe. I just bought stuff for mine, but haven't made it yet - I might make some changes if yours looks good.
Will you come teach me how to make those cards?
Have you seen that SouleMama has an official website now?