Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea! summer time here I come. Finally. Summer school was officially over at 7:43 p.m. last night. Although it was a quick and easy way to get six credits over with I do not think I will be taking summer school again. Every night I was sitting in class listening to my instructor talk about himself instead of sitting out on the step listening to the cicadas and watching the fire-flies. Now that it is the end of June already the nice weather is quickly dissipating. Soon it will be too hot and muggy to enjoy. So even though summer school only took away one-third of my summer it took the best one-third. Oh well.
So my birthday didn't turn out to be so bad after all, for those of you were wondering. I skipped my second class so that I could go home and enjoy my birthday if only for a few hours. I came home to a vase of flowers in the living room and my husband scurrying around to feed me a delicious dinner of pork chops and mashed potatoes and chocolate cake. Also my birthday present came- on my birthday! Which I wasn't expected so that was kind of cool. Here is my birthday present-

Isn't she beautiful?
And here is the cake Jonathan made all by himself from SCRATCH. It is decorated as a turtle in case you couldn't tell.


Anyway- I hate to cut this off short but I have a lot of summer goofing off to catch up on. Since I was so busy with school this past week I haven't even gotten the chance to play with my new toy so I've got a lot of baking to do! But check back often because I will be updating this thing daily now that I am school free.

1 comment:

Erika Miller said...

Sage!

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it! I need your address again. Could you let me know what it is? This is an awesome cake by the way, Jon did a good job! I miss hearing from you too- stop by my page sometime. I try to update it frequently. Love ya!
Erika