Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer School

I have been a very bad blogger. What fun is a blog if you never update it? Anyway the lack of posts lately is due partly to the fact that I am in summer school. I am taking two classes (two intro classes- sociology and computers- that I want to get out of the way) that are Monday through Thursday from around 5pm to 10pm. So I have been going straight from work to school. Which I have come to find out, is not necessarily a good idea if I don't want people to think of me as that girl who stinks. I found this out a little late though since I often went straight from work to school during the spring semester. The way I found out is like this... Jonathan got a summer job (thank the Lord) at a local coffee shop. I won't go into the details because 1. he hates it and 2. he doesn't want anyone to know that he, a sophisticated philosophy phd student is stooping down to the rest of the working world's level. Anyways... this coffee shop serves food and the sort, and when he comes home from a long day of working in this coffee shop, he stinks. Mostly like old syrup and I am not sure what. So I thought about it- I work in a kitchen with food all day long; I am bound to stink when I come home. I asked Jonathan for the honest truth, and he told me straight up, that yes actually I do stink when I come home from work. Bad. He doesn't specify what I stink like, however. We were arguing about who stunk worse though so we smelled our dirty work clothes. We did not come to a conclusion but Jonathan did say that my work clothes smelled like a twelve year old boy (i.e. similar to my little brother's room). I reluctantly agreed. So here is my question- if I went all this time without knowing that I stink like a sweaty adolescent boy, then does everyone who stinks not even know or notice it? That seems weird to me. So think about that the next time you are like- wow that guy could use a shower. Give him a break, he can't smell himself.
P.S. I know what you are thinking- Sage, that is disgusting- But don't worry too much- I don't go to school in my work clothes. I change into clean clothes and spray a bunch of body spray on. Who knows if it does any good.
P.P.S. For your information my birthday is tomorrow. If you do not have my address or e-mail address to send me presents and the sort, just let me know by commenting and I will be happy to tell you where to send them.
P.P.S. Are there woman taxi drivers or limo drivers? I think I saw one today, but I wasn't sure if they even existed.
P.P.P.S. In case you are wondering- I am having the most pathetic 22nd birthday ever. I am going to work at 8am. Then after work I will head straight to school until about 10 pm. Exciting.
P.P.P.P.S. Am I even doing this right? I never could figure out if you were supposed to add more p's or s's to p.s. Does anybody know? If p.s. stands for post script like I think it does, it would make more sense to add more p's. But in actuality I have no idea which is correct.
P.P.P.P.P.S. For goodness sakes cut this nonsense out, I am in the middle of class!
One more thing- I wanted to spice it up a bit by adding a picture. So here is proof that my little brother is a hunk even though his room stinks. Besides it probably doesn't stink any more because after all he is almost thirteen years old!

1 comment:

Erika Miller said...

Oh Sage! You crack me up. I was laughing so hard at this blog! I love how honest and forthright you are about your "stinkage". Haha! We ALL stink from time to time. You are the funniest girl! I love you!

Erika