Monday, June 4, 2007

I apologize for the delay...

On Memorial Day we went to the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. It was pretty, as pretty as the Mississippi and Missouri rivers can be. You will see what I am saying when you look at the pictures. There was a path along the river that Jonathan and I walked, which was fun, but it was hot and humid and buggy. Here are a few of the pictures Jonathan took.

The absolutely best thing about this mini day trip though, came near the very end when we were leaving, was this-


The CUTEST little turtle in the entire world. Right there for me to pick up and kiss and cuddle with. For those of you who do not know I used to be somewhat of a turtle admirer. Although this has worn off for the most of the part (I have only about 10 turtle collectibles now opposed to the original 60 or so) I still think this darling thing rivals kittens for cuteness. I wanted to keep it and love it forever, but.... well that wouldn't have worked out so well. So I just had to say a tearful goodbye. I will remember him forever (Jonathan don't you dare change our desktop picture!)

3 comments:

alicia marie said...

oh, my. word.

that is so freakin' cute!!!!

he is soooo tiny! At some point, I hope Jonathan realizes, he is going to have to let you get some sort of pet!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! What a little doll. I just want to pinch his little turtle cheeks! Ya know, you really could have snuck him home in your pocket, Jonathan wouldn't have known! hehe. Looks like a fun time you guys had. I had know idea you collected turtles tho...that's cool!
Erika

Kelly said...

I have some great-aunts and other misc. family that live on the Mississippi River and all I remember about it is how huge it was. Although the last time I was there I was like 6 so of course it looked enormous right?