Saturday, August 25, 2007

Idaho Trip

Okay so we still don't have central air, but Jonathan says my fans are getting antsy so I thought I better give an update. Fortunately they gave us another window air conditioner so our house is an average 78 degrees instead of 85 and we have moved out of the bedroom. I was also able to get some housecleaning/organizing and laundry done which was really piling up so that was good. Anyway let me get on to the good stuff.

We had a really fun time in Idaho. It was so nice to get to see all our family and be able to spend some QT with them.
Here are some of the highlights from our trip-

On the way to Idaho we had a six hour layover in Minneapolis. I found out there was a tram that runs from the airport to Mall of America. So I dragged the reluctant Jonathan out of the airport to see the biggest mall in the U.S. It's not that great. It's just a big mall. Oh and there is an amusement park in the middle. It actually had some of my favorite rides from the Western Idaho Fair like the Swings and Falling Star. Being the nerd I am my favorite part was the Lego store with huge Lego creations.


I freaked out when I saw my brother face to face and was looking him in the eye. He's thirteen and my height. Yikes! I like this picture because he looks like the punk he is.
We swam in the pool a lot. We also played a very violent game of pool basketball. Here is my sister-in-law Jennie going down the slide sideways.
Jonathan took this shot four times and each time one of us had our eyes closed. Such a photogenic family. I was fresh out of the pool hence the wet rat look.

I learned to cook virtual style on the Wii with Brooke.



I also went bowling with Brooke and David and some girl David likes. It was weird to see my little brother flirting with a girl. We also bowled on the Wii. Let me tell you, it's not that realistic because I am a thousand times better at bowling on the Wii then in real life.
Of course we followed our old tradition and played the game Pit with the Nelsons.



I made this delicious hunk of chocolate for a belated father's day present. I will post the recipe sooner or later, don't worry


Watched my awesome mom play awesome tennis and win at our old stompin' grounds Julia Davis Park.


Nice view up David's nose, huh?

Our second to last day we drove three hours to Red Fish Lake. We saw the Sawtooth mountains, swam in the lake, ate dinner, then drove home (Jonathan and David also squeezed in some paintballing). All in one day. Dang that lake was cold. It was a lot of fun. And so beautiful.





My adorable husband. Isn't he Cute?



I also did two other things I hadn't done in a long time.
First I cut about eight inches off my hair.


(This how I feel after working on this blog all day :)

Then my sister took me do something I haven't done in an even longer time. Like 15 years long. Brace yourself... try not to laugh.... We went to the RollerDrome and went roller skating. Fortunately I do not have any pictures of that.

Well I think that's about it. Getting all these photos up here has been a nightmare so I've got to quit. Later I'll put up a slide of the photos Jonathan took of the mountains.

3 comments:

alicia marie said...

yay for redfish! your dad told me he MADE you go up there! how do you have to force anyone to enjoy such a beautiful place?!?!?!? I'm glad you made it!

your hair looks so cute!!! I love having my hair just a little shorter and sassier!

I have to say, I'm a little jealous of the roller skating....that sounds like fun. but it also sounds like blisters....ouch.

again, so good to see you while we were both there! it was fun!

Kelly said...

That was a lot of pictures. I'm sure it took you forever!
First of all of course I don't mind if you link to my blog. :)
Second, Garrett would LOVE to see those enormous Legos. And a whole lego store? The kid would be in heaven. So maybe the next time we're in Minneapolis...:)
Isn't the Wii fun? Yeah, totally unrealistic (my 4 year-old niece has our family high score in bowling) but still fun. We love it!
And I'm really happy to see another family playing Pit. We love playing that game! We as in my sisters and parents. Mike hates it. He says we're loud enough as it is without screaming about crops.
Anyway, glad you had a good trip home! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sage, we miss you,sounds like we showed you a good time-what about that exciting trip to the airport??? love dad