Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spoiled

This is the beautiful man whom I love:





It is now the point in the semester where the crack-down begins for Jonathan. Papers are due; professors want to employ him. He has been working very hard on a paper that is due tomorrow. He has had a difficult time writing it, so he is pretty discouraged right now.
So I just want to tell you, Jonathan, how proud of you I am and how much I appreciate you.

In case you readers did not know, I am as spoiled as they come. Let me explain:
Every morning Jonathan wakes up anywhere between 4 and 5:50 am. He takes a shower, and does homework until it is time for him to wake me up at 7 am. My alarm goes off, but it is across the room, so I never get up to turn it off. Jonathan comes in and turns it off for me. He gives me an extra few minutes of sleep while he gets me a large cup of cold water (I am terribly thirsty in the morning). I am not a morning person. You already know about my sleep addiction. So I put up a pretty good fight when it comes to getting up. Jonathan is ever patient though, even though he often has to literally drag me out of bed. While I get ready for work, my lovely husband prepares my breakfast.
-egg in a basket (just like mom used to make)
-bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats (with almonds)
-orange juice
Depending on whether or not I have to go to school after work, Jonathan will pack a lunch for me (paper bag and all) and put together a change of clothes for me also. Then he drives me to work and drops me off. If I don't have school that day, he picks me up too.
But wait there is more-
He makes dinner at least three days a week.
He usually helps with the laundry or does it himself.
He often vacuums for me.
He almost always cleans the kitchen.
He goes grocery shopping with me when he can.

There are certain things I never or rarely have to do, because Jonathan does it all for me:
-take out the trash
-get gas
-dust
-go to the bank
-hang up my coat (I don't know why but I despise hanging clothes up, especially coats)
-drop off the rent
-answer the phone
-rub my feet
-water the plants
-carry in the groceries
-make the bed
that is all I can think of that moment, but I assure there is more.
He is the most intelligent, thoughtful, loving, helpful, funny, handsome man I know.
I love you Jonathan. Thank-you for all you do for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"-hang up my coat (I don't know why but I despise hanging clothes up, especially coats)"

Sage- When I read this part, I just laughed out loud so hard! It sounds so cute and soooo funny!
I also do not answer the phone. You could say I despise it.

Yes, Sage, you've got it pretty good!

Kelly said...

Oh Sage that was a great post! It's so easy to overlook those everyday things our guys do to make our lives easier. What a great husband you have! And a great wife he has for noticing and not taking it for granted! :)

Anonymous said...

John, you are making us look bad! (but keep up the good work, my daughter is worth it!) dad

Anonymous said...

Sage
That is pretty cool of you to post that! I am sure Jonathan appreciates it! Also, I am sure he appreciates all you have done for him too. You have been a very good wife Sage, to pack up and move so he could go to grad school, as well as working to provide income. You are both doing a good job of taking care of eachother!
Love, Erika