Monday, May 7, 2007

The Day the Music Died

Jonathan and I are so behind the times, you will laugh when you read this. We do not have cell phones. We do not have i-pods or anything of that sort. We do not have a DVD player (we just use our PS2 to watch DVDs). We still use good old CD's and CD players. You already know that we just recently got the Internet. So every time we see commercials for cell phones we laugh because they are so high tech. They are not just phones anymore. They are mp3 players, mini TVs and computers all wrapped into one. I mean how ridiculous is that? You can't go anywhere these days without hearing somebody gabbing away on their phones. It's so annoying. Especially at school and at the store and at restaurants and in cars and everywhere. But, what can you do. It's just part of the culture now. I really don't have too much of a desire to have a cell-phone, although I do admit it would be convenient. Sometimes, when I am without Jonathan I think, wow it would be nice if I could call Jonathan right now and tell him so and so... And I think I would be more popular. I am not sure why, but I think having a cell-phone gets you more friends. I am still working out this theory...
Anyway, the purpose of this post really wasn't to rag on cell phones, but to talk about my stereo. It's not even really a stereo. It's a Sony CD player boombox thing. I have had this thing since I got it for my birthday in the fifth grade, so about 10 years. For about two years now it has gone down hill. It couldn't play a brand new CD without making it skip. This made me very angry. Every time it skipped, I screamed at it, threatened to throw it out the window, banged it with my fist etc etc... The other day I yelled "you stupid thing I hate you! I wish you would die!" and proceeded to bang on it with my fist. And guess what? My wish came true. It died.
Now I am like, wow this sucks. I can't listen to my music. But then I said.... hmmm.... I wonder. So I put my CD in our Playstation2/DVD player and viola! music! It is now a PS2/DVD player/Stereo. I was happy. But I still want a new stereo. My birthday is June 14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sage!
This post was so funny! I really laughed when you said you believe that cell phones get you more friends! Sooo funny! In a way they do I guess....solicitors now have a way of contacting you when you are away from your home! (If you consider solicitors your friends...not likely) Anyway, to make you feel better, we don't have ipods either! Or a blue tooth piece for that matter! We are behind. And will probably always be behind. I guess you and I are non conformists, hu Sage?
Luv ya, Erika

Kelly said...

You make me laugh! I only have a cell phone because of the kids. We drive a lot living way out here in Caldwell (yes I said Caldwell.) so I just feel safer with it. It's a totally basic phone and I actually share the plan with my parents and sister so it's basic too. We don't have ipods or anything either. Now we do have a laptop but that's a whole other story!
I bet our "steroes" are the same. I just have a little boomboxing thig too. I hope you get a new one for your birthday. :)
Oh! Can you share your peanut butter cookie recipe? I bet it's soooo good. Oh man now I totally want peanut butter cookies but it's too hot to turn the oven on. Shoot.