Monday, May 7, 2007

In the Kitchen

Saturday, I spent basically the entire day in the kitchen. One of the things our church does is ask people to volunteer to make meals for families after they have a baby. Our friends Mike and Mandy had a new baby boy on Tuesday, so I said I would bring them dinner on Saturday because I didn't have to work. Also our church had a brunch on Sunday, and I was asked to bring baklava for it. So on Saturday I made-
baklava
strawberry sorbet
rolls
herbed pasta w/chicken
spinach salad

The baklava took me the longest to do. It's a time consuming process. Plus the filo dough was being a real pain so that didn't help. It was fun, but I was getting on my nerves because I kept making a big mess, so I had to clean the kitchen about three times.

Then today I made peanut butter cookies, and a chocolate cake. The cookies are for tomorrow because it is our last day of tutoring until fall and we are having a little party. The cake is for our Thursday Bible study. I have to work on Wed and Thurs so I wanted to do it ahead of time. I just stuck it in the freezer so it will be nice and fresh. Wow this is boring.

Mother's Day is this Sunday. We have a big mother's day brunch that supposedly 400 people come to, so I actually have a full week of work. I have never worked on a Sunday since I have worked at this company. But I gave in and said I would work Mother's Day. I didn't want to be the only employee out of the entire staff that wouldn't be there. It should be fun for me since I have never worked a brunch before and I won't know what to do.

2 comments:

alicia marie said...

you have been a busy little baker! :P

let me see, what have I baked recently.....chicken nuggets, jalepeno poppers, (those don't count!), banana bread, cinnamon buiscuits, chicken pot pie....hmmmm I need to bake some cookies!

have fun working your brunch!

Anonymous said...

Sage
I love baklava! It is my favorite. That is pretty much my diet around the Christmas holliday. Seriously. I ate it for breakfast so many times!!! Hey, could you e-mail me your recipe? I would like to take a stab at making it....

Luv, Erika