Tuesday, October 30, 2007

100 years late

Thanks to those of you (Alicia & Brooke) who voted at the Vote For Your Favorite Poll, your photo won by an overwhelming two votes to one*. The one vote was mine, which doesn't count, so technically everyone voted for the first photo. Anyway, hope you still like it now that it's actually up there. I am totally uninspired blog wise. I don't have any pets or kids or plants (anymore) to be inspired by or take pictures of. You know from experience I can't put up pictures of myself.

The photos I posted, which are of some of the most unsightly parts of St. Louis, are part of a collection that Jonathan took which he calls "100 years late" in reference to when the city was at its grandest during the 1904 World's Fair. I wanted to put one at the top of my blog to represent my title/description. There are many beautiful places in Saint Louis, but also many not so beautiful places, which is a bit depressing, but such as life. Anyway, as I was looking through them for my blog I could hardly decide which ones to consider because there are many cool ones to choose from. Therefore I will post some more for you to look at and then you can be relieved of my rambling.... Enjoy.

*This just in... another voter, Kelly, for the second photo. So I guess it's 2-1 now :)













4 comments:

Michael and Mandy said...

I had wanted to vote, but kept getting distracted every time I would sit down to do it. And it kills me to be such a conformist, but I was actually going to pick the one you ended up with as well. Though I think you can stretch it across the whole header and it will look even cooler. I liked the green in it. A couple of the photos in this post would look good too - like the bridge or the Laclede Gas building. See you. tonight. Jonathan has a really good eye for lines and framing a shot - but don't tell him I said so - don't want him to get a big head :)

Kelly said...

I'm glad my vote got counted. :)
Jonathan's a really good photographer! Those are some great pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alicia marie said...

those pictures are amazing! I love Johnathan's perspective, and I love th composition of those photos! If he ever feels like dropping out of Grad school, I'm sure he'd make an excellent photographer! LOL!