Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Procastination Gene

Does anybody else have this gene? This week I was swamped with a ton of homework that I have been putting off all semester. And I am going to be swamped until the first week of December. That is why I have not been a faithful blogger. Excuses excuses... I know.

I don't have anything interesting going on in my life right now. Hence I will write about house plants. In fact, I will charm you with a poem instead. Even better.

Ode to House Plants
My heart has been broken six times
obssesive crush in 7th grade
one christmas bonsai
one valentine day orchid
one birthday orchid
one jade
and now the sago palm
oh why do you torture me so?
I bought you
I adored you
I loved you
I watered you
I sunned you
And this is how you repay me
Into the trash you now must go

Ode to the Plant Killer
Why do you even bother?
Six down
Three to go
find a new hobby


Is plant killing a gene too?

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

You are weird.

Michael and Mandy said...

Sage, oh how we love you. After a very long day especially.

alicia marie said...

great poems. I love them. I have both genes. which is why i have no house plants. fist, I killed them, then i procrastinated in getting new ones...ugh..