Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Job

The inevitable happened. We ran out of money. At about the same time we ran out of money, I
decided that none of my clothes fit properly and that I hate them all. I rampaged my closet in
fits of anger, shoving into a box all the clothes that make me feel uncomfortable when I wear them. What was left in my closet and dresser drawers were gaps and holes needing to be filled. Having no money and no clothes that met my expectations, I decided I better get a job. And that's what I did. I am now an official employee of the Jefferson National Parks Association, more specifically and better known as, the Gateway Arch. The arch has two stores. The Museum Store is like a souvenir store, but different in that its purpose is to educate. Therefore, you will not find shot glasses in our store. But we do have the typical postcards, key chains, magnets and the like, which supposedly have some educational purpose behind them. Across from the Museum Store is the Levee Store, which is designed to be like a General Store from the olden days. I will be working in both stores. I am basically a guinea pig because I am the first person they will "cross train" to work in both stores. Anyways, my first day was Tuesday. I am going back tomorrow. Am I thankful to have a job, finally? Yes. Am I excited about working retail? No. Am I going to complain about it? No. Thank you for your prayers in this matter. Thanks be to the Lord Who has blessed me with this job.
P.S. Please tell me I am not the only female to go through fits of anger about her clothes declaring that she hates all of them and swearing she will never buy a piece of clothing that she is not absolutely positively sure that it fits and she likes it?
P.P.S. Sorry this is hard to read. I couldn't get it to be double-spaced.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I go through fits and hate all my clothes, particularly in the morning when I am running late. This happens a lot too when the seasons change and you realize all your clothes from last fall that were so cute then have mysteriously turned into ugly clothes now.
Congrats on your new job!

Kelly said...

Well yea for the new job! At least it's not a retail job where you will spend your paycheck before you get it.
And yes, all of us do that clothes thing I think. If it'll make you feel better I'll post a picture of my enormous self in clothes that do not fit at all anymore and then you'll feel better. :)

alicia marie said...

oh man?!?!?! No shot glasses?

he he he! Glad you 'manned up' and got a job. Sorry it's not something you really want to do. Can you still look for a chef-ish type job while you're working this one?

Love you and miss you, by the way.

Anonymous said...

try,I went on a rampage and ransacked my closet... sounds like a woman thing!! love dad